To enhance safety on our waterways and to support maritime safety in Queensland by providing quality education, training, and promoting good seamanship in accordance with the rules and standards as set by Maritime Safety Queensland.
Code of Conduct
– member of BoatSafe Industry Association of Queensland
- Act honestly and fairly in all business dealings with the consumer
- Maintain professional courtesy and integrity at all times
- Ensure all advertising and representations are truthful and accurate
- At all times act in an environmentally responsible manner
- Do all that is possible to promote safe boating and education practices
- Render accurate, truthful and expert advice to the community
- Strive for excellence in quality of service to customers
Townsville Boat Licences generally conducts On-Line Training only. Face to Face training can be arranged for larger groups or those who are not capable of using a computer/internet.
Face to Face Training
Refunds are available to those who give at least 3 days notice of cancellation prior to the course date. A $30 booking and handling fee will be deducted from the paid amount to cover administration costs. No refunds are applicable after the 3 day mandatory notice except for medicals reasons preventing attendance. Proof of medical condition may be required.
A total refund will be given for any course that has been cancelled by Townsville Boat Licences.
Refunds are applicable to those who need to cancel within 7 days of registering for the on-line training or due to medical reasons. Proof of medical condition may be required. A $40 booking and handling fee will be deducted from the paid amount to cover administration and on-line training package costs.
No refunds are applicable for those who
- do not turn up or are late on the day. A $100 reassessment Fee will be charged to reschedule to another time/day.
- do not complete the on-line theory or on water training and assessment.
- move away from the Townsville area, or area of that course booked for.
- do not complete the Theory and Practical Assessments within 3 months of completing the on-line training
Once the course is paid for on-line, a Credit or Refund will be given to those who cannot complete the course within 3 months due to health reasons. Proof will need to be supplied to validate this option.
Townsville Boat Licences will adhere to the requirements of both the State and Federal Privacy Legislation. We will not divulge or use the information you have provided us to enrol and complete this course except to any government agency who is legally entitled to request and receive it.
Townsville Boat Licences has never received a student complaint in over 20 years in operation. If there is anything you are not happy with, please call Robin Kitchin anytime on 0428 336613. You may also e mail from this web site.
Any complaint will be dealt with fairly and compassionately. He will take the time to meet with you or your representative and discuss the matter personally if required. If Robin is not capable of satisfying you then he will give you the contact information for Maritime Safety Queensland so that your complaint can be heard by the State governing authority